Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Recap Wednesday

Hey guys!
Happy day before Thanksgiving! Today is a big day for me! Today I have been fighting cancer for three years. Three years ago today I was in a operating room having a biopsy done of my tumor. I remember the surgeon saying if it is cancer you will come out with a broviak line. Which for those of you who don't know is a like that comes out of your chest that goes into the main vain going into your heart. Yeah I know scary . So of course when I wake up the first think I look for is my line and there wasn't one. So when my dad came in he was crying and I remember just telling him it is ok that I don't have cancer. To my surprise I remember him saying you started to bleed and that I did have cancer and I lost too much blood and they couldn't put in my line. I just sat there saying it would be ok and we would get through it. Today I cannot believe I have been dealing with this for three years. We have had our ups and our downs but we are still here and I am happy and feel good most of the time. I know most of you have no idea what it feels like to be in my shoes. I would not ever wish this on ANYONE! So please say nice things. Cherish Every Moment. You are not guaranteed tomorrow. Be thankful for good health and to have the people you have around you. My counts were good yesterday but I am still EXTREMELY tired I don't really know why I am so tired but that has been why I have not been at school. I get up and my arms and legs feel like 100 ton bricks.

Today I am thankful for modern medicine. I would not be here today if there were no chemotherapy treatments and insulin. I am happy for the time I live in.

I hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving surrounded by family and friends!

Love you all
Cora Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment